Nursing Ethics Network (NEN)
An Ethics Resource for Nurses
Purposes and Functions
The purposes of the Nursing Ethics Network are to:
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of ethics knowledge
through educational and consultative services.
- Provide a forum for the identification and exploration
of ethical issues in health care related to nursing practice,
education, and health policy.
- Establish, disseminate, and periodically revise an
agenda of nursing ethics research priorities that both anticipates
and responds to ethical issues encountered by nurses in their
work with patients, families, and communities in a changing health
- Serve as a resource for the development and
implementation of clinical, educational, and research initiatives
in nursing ethics.
The Nursing Ethics Network is currently undertaking:
- Development of nursing ethics research and education priorities
- Investigation of opportunities for organizational support and
linkages that would facilitate the mission and purposes of the Nursing
- Provision of on-line resource support for ethical issues.
The Nursing Ethics Network has completed:
- A multi-state study of ethical issues and ethics knowledge needs of
nurses in clinical practice.
Please send us your interest profile information
(c) 1996-2002 Nursing Ethics Network (NEN) All rights reserved.