NURSING ETHICS NETWORK (NEN)
An Ethics Resource for Nurses
PURPOSES AND FUNCTIONS
- The purposes of the Nursing Ethics Network (NEN) are to:
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of ethics knowledge through educational and consultative services.
- Provide a forum for the identification and exploration of ethical issues in health care related to nursing practice, education, and health policy.
- Establish, disseminate, and periodically revise an agenda of nursing ethics research priorities that both anticipates and responds to ethical issues encountered by nurses in their work with patients, families, and communities in a changing health care environment.
- Serve as a resource for the development and implementation of clinical, educational, and research initiatives in nursing ethics.
The Nursing Ethics Network (NEN) is currently undertaking:
- Development of nursing ethics research and education priorities
- Investigation of opportunities for organizational support and linkages that would facilitate the mission and purposes of the Nursing Ethics Network.
- Provision of on-line resource support for ethical issues.
The Nursing Ethics Network (NEN) has completed:
- A multi-state study of ethical issues and ethics knowledge needs of nurses in clinical practice.
PLEASE SEND US YOUR INTEREST PROFILE INFORMATION
Go to NEN Homepage
(c) 1996-2001 Nursing Ethics Network (NEN) All rights reserved.